THE LAUNCESTON PHILATELIC SOCIETY
The L.P.S. was founded in June 1946 by a group of like-minded individuals with a common interest in stamp collecting. The L.P.S. continues to foster philately and has a very active membership.
Members of the L.P.S. have wide philatelic interests, which include the stamps and postal history of Tasmania, of Australia in general, the Antarctic, and of many other countries as well. There are keen collectors of revenue stamps, of postcards, and of themes of many types.
In June 2011 the L.P.S. became a company limited by guarantee, thus offering protection to its members. The ACN is 151-343-761.
On July 9, 2016, the L.P.S. proudly celebrated its 70th Anniversary by a well-attended dinner at the Riverside Golf Club, Launceston.
The final meeting of each year is a Fund Raiser and Charity Night when stamp-related material donated by members is sold by auction with no reserve. Some of the proceeds are donated to the “Empty Stocking Appeal” run by the Examiner Newspaper. In December 2016 the amount donated was $500.00
The L.P.S. is delighted to welcome visitors and is actively seeking new members.